1. In the case of McKeiver v Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court held that juveniles do not have the right to a trial by jury.
2. In Michigan a 9 year old would be presumed incompetent to stand trial.
3. In Michigan, the minimum age at which a child can face adult charges is 15.
4. Psychological explanations of delinquency help us determine the causes of delin-quency.
5. 40% of the juveniles serving life without parole in Michigan’s prisons are African American or other minorities.
6. The term “competency to stand trial” refers to the juvenile’s mental status at the time the offense occurred.
7. In the case of In Re Gault, the Court held that juveniles have the right to an attor-ney during juvenile proceedings.
8. In 2009, the only offense in which females were arrested at a higher rate than males was prostitution.
9. In the case of In Re JDB, the US Supreme Court held that juveniles have an au-tomatic right to an attorney during school interrogations.
10. As a result of the Supreme Court ruling in Miller v Alabama juveniles can no longer be sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.
SHORT ANSWER: These answers should be 1-3 paragraphs. Please type your answer under the specific question. Each answer is worth 10 points.
11. What is meant by the term “status offense”?
12. Why were juvenile courts established?
13. Why was the legal concept of Parens Patriae important in the development of juvenile courts?
14. Briefly describe Michigan’s new juvenile competency statute.
15. Write a short synopsis of the article: Policing Juveniles: Domestic Arrest Policies, Gender, and Police Response to Child-Parent Violence.
16. What did you learn from the GVRC tour? How did the experience affect you?
17. What did the OJJDP study show about the relationship between childhood vic-timization and juvenile offending? Do the results differ between boys and girls?
18. Describe the Share Art pilot project and the conclusions reached by the evaluators after the initial set of sessions.
19.Write a summary of the ACLU study Second Chances: Juveniles serving life without parole in Michigan prisons. What conclusions does the study make?
20. In three paragraphs (or less), tell me what you have learned in this class.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂