International Oil Company (IOC) OR a National Oil Company (NOC)
As a consultant you specialise in giving focused, strategic analysis to organisations in the oil
and gas sector. In your report you need to provide up to date and concise information so that
your clients can use it in their day to day operations.
You have been tasked with evaluating an International Oil Company (IOC) OR a National Oil
Company (NOC) and should do so in the following way:
1. Introduce your assignment and explain why you have chosen the particular IOC
or NOC. (10 marks)
2. Conduct a SWOT analysis on your chosen IOC or NOC and rank each of the
factors in order of importance; 1 = most important, 2 = second most important and so
This ranking should be done for each factor examined under each of SWOT’s headings
– Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Explain the reasoning for your
rankings. The ranking is individually done by each of the SWOT sections. (50 marks)
3. Analyse the limitations of SWOT. (10 marks)
4. Outline 3 key recommendations for your chosen IOC or NOC which have come
out of your analysis? List these in rank order (1 = most important, 2 = second most
important and so on). Explain your reasoning. (20 marks)
5. Briefly summarise your work (10 marks)
In the introduction introduce the company and you MUST state why the report is being written on this company reasons can be for example company restructure, environmental issues, mergers, technology advance, new market, scandals issue with host government etc. the reason can be either positive or negative in the company’s favour)
The SWOT analyses must be balanced with with 4-5 reasons under EACH headings.
When ranking the SWOT you must rank, justify and give evidence of why you have ranked them this way.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂