Subject Area : Operations Management Learning outcomes to be assessed
1. Appreciate the basic scope of OM and have an understanding of how this function contributes to the realisation of organisational objectives in a competitive environment
2. use skills and knowledge to solve some important problems in a manufacturing or service environment 3. Ability to analyse both OM theory and applications. 1. Numeracy
3. To manage their own learning by organising their own work…….and meeting targets
4. IT: use electronic information sources
5. written communications Details of the task Operations Management 1 Assignment A key element in determining the cost of a product or service is the efficiency of the design of the facility delivering that product or service.
a. Choose a product or service facility (e.g. local garage, car factory, supermarket, airport, restaurant, hotel, accident andemergencydepartment in a hospital). Describe the range of products or services provided by this facility. 20 marks
b. Define the key objectives of facilities design. 30 marks
c. Discuss and critically evaluate how well the key objectives are met by the facility layout you have chosen. 50 marks Your assignment is to be about 1250 words (plus or minus 100 words), the text word processed and a word count stated on front sheet of report.
Part 2: Parents and Children
Answer all the questions
1. In “My Father Sits in the Dark,” the speaker says, “But I could not understand it. How could it be restful to sit alone in an uncomfortable chair far into the night, in darkness?” What light does Rita Dove’s poem “Daystar” shed on the father’s perspective?
2. In several of the selections in this unit, immigrant parents play an important role. How does the fact that some of these parents are immigrants affect their children? Choose two selections and explain your answer.
3. What are some of the sacrifices made by the parents in this unit’s selections? Choose three of the selections and explain the sacrifice made by the parent(s). Use details from the texts to support your answer.
4. In some of the selections from this unit, the parent-child relationship is someTonnyes reversed, with the child behaving more like the parent. Choose two of the works you have read in this unit and explain the reversal of the parent-child roles within them. Use details from the texts to support your answers.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂