evidence – based answers to assignment questions
Read chapters 3, 4, and 5 in the McKay, Wood, and Brantley book on Basic and Advanced Mindfulness, pp 63-120 and answer the following questions:
1. What is mindfulness?
2. Why are mindfulness skills important?
3. Select one of the exercises in chapter 3 (listed below), do the exercise and tell me what happened?
a. Focus on a single minute
b. Focus on a single object
c. Band of light
d. Inner-outer experience
e. Record 3 minutes of thoughts
f. Thought defusion
g. Describe your emotion
h. Focus shifting
i. Mindful breathing
j. Mindful awareness of emotions
4. What is wise mind?
5. What is radical acceptance?
6. Complete the wise-mind meditation or the negative judgments and tell me what you experienced?
7. How can you enhance your mindfulness skills using kindness and compassion?
Emergency psychiatric care includes assessment of emergency situations such as suicide or violence as well as treatment for a number of psychiatric disorders. Read the chapter in Sadock and Sadock, Ch 34 on Emergency Psychiatric Medicine, paying particular attention to suicide.
8. How would you assess for suicide lethality?
9. What medication would you do according to Leahy and Kohler or Sadock and Sadock for the following:
b. Alcohol seizures
c. Alcohol withdrawal
d. Amphetamine intoxication
f. Anticholiniergic intoxicaction
h. Assaultive behavior
i. Hypertensive crisis r/ ingestion of typramine-containing foods in combo with MAOIs
j. Acute manic episode
m. Acute schizophrenia
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂