A graphic novel is a fictional story that is presented in a comic-strip format and published as a book. Your graphic novel will not be fiction. Instead, it will be nonfiction, historical fiction, or a combination of both. No matter what, your graphic novel must present an episode from the Cuban Revolution in a factually accurate way.
Description: Choose a major character from the Cuban Revolution. The character can be a real or hypothetical person who either contributed to or experienced the Revolution in some a direct way. Using the Strip Designer app on the iPad, create a graphic novel depicting the character’s role and/or experiences during the Cuban Revolution.
• To demonstrate a clear understanding of the most important themes from the Cuban Revolution.
• To create a narrative for one character who was intrinsically linked to the Cuban Revolution.
• To support this narrative with a series of visually stimulating images that help to support the character’s role in the Cuban Revolution.
• RESEARCH/WRITTEN COMPONENT
• The graphic novel should be visually striking, but more emphasis should
be placed on the narration. That being said, quality is more important than quantity.
o All dialogue and narration must be written in complete sentences using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation and placed in caption boxes.
o Use pages that support larger text fields to help readers “catch up at either the beginning or end of each chapter.
• Use Text Bubbles to indicate speech by or between one or more characters. Use Text Bubbles to narrate or move the action forward.
• Each graphic novel must include a bibliography.
• VISUAL COMPONENT
• Images must clearly tell the story of the character and demonstrate an
understanding of his or her involvement in/links to the Revolution.
o Images may be collected from the Internet, drawings, personal
photos, maps, or anywhere else.
o Images must appropriate and of adequate quality.
o Image sources do not need to be included in the bibliography.
Assessment: Each graphic novel will be graded on its content, historical accuracy, organization, continuity, aesthetics, creativity, grammar, and narrative/visual basis. A specific due date, further instructions, and grading rubric will be announced in the upcoming days.
It must be 25-30 pages.
Your graphic novel must have page numbers.
§? Graphic novels should be divided into chapters/sections, and probably need
§? You must include a bibliography.
• It should have several books.
• Include primary documents.
• Only include sites from which you take multiple images.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂